Brrr: 5 Tips to Sweat it Out in the Cold!
You barely survived the holidays or these frigid temps around Valentine’s Day, the last thing on your mind is taking a step outdoors where it’s cold and miserable. It’s hard during the winter to stick to a work-out but, MaxWell Medical has 5 tips to help you battle the cold weather and get motivated!
5 Tips to Help you Sweat it Out in the Cold:
1) Bundle Up!—Layering is an absolute must to be ready for the cold weather. Prepare further by placing your clothes in the dryer beforehand so you’re nice and toasty. Runners recommend wearing mittens instead of gloves, to increase shared body warmth.
2) Be a Winter Ninja— You look like the abominable snowman but, your face and your neck are still exposed to the elements. Be sure to put on a face mask like the balaclava to cover your face and neck from the cold. You’d rather look silly than suffer frostbite later.
3) Warm-Up—what better way to get your body warmer than stretching? Do a 10-minute workout inside to get your blood flowing and make the transition to outside easier.
4) Footgear— You don’t have to be a work-out enthusiastic to know that colder weather brings about icier conditions on the roads and pavement. Make sure your shoes have proper traction so that you’re walking instead of ice skating.
5) H20 and SPH— Water and sunblock may seem like items you’ll only need during warmer weather work-outs but, these items are just as crucial during winter. Your body is still losing fluids from sweat and respiration. Runners recommend using petroleum jelly and sunscreen to avoid chaffing and sunburn.
You don’t have to be a polar bear to enjoy this weather. MaxWell Medical wants you to use these tips and BEAR THE COLD!