We Got Your (Lower) Back: Tips on improving your Golf Swing!Tags: Golf, Golf stroke mechanics, Swing
Tuesday’s golf exercise is about strengthening the back, which in many ways is the foundation to a proper golf swing. If your back is in pain you simply won’t be able to play your best, if you’re even able to pick up a club. Here is a simple but effective exercise to really target those often strained lower back muscles.
Back – Improve posture, ease of rotation and power through acceleration.
Exercise – Back Extensions
- Lie on your stomach, facedown, arms straight out in front of you, palms down, and legs straight out behind you.
- Pull your abs in, as if you’re trying to create a small space between your stomach and the floor.
- Lift your left arm and right leg about one inch off the floor, and stretch out as much as you can.
- Hold this position for five slow counts and then lower your arm and leg back down.
- Repeat the same move with your right arm and left leg.
- Continue alternating sides until you complete the set.
Tune in tomorrow for our lower body exercises.